Friday, March 20, 2009

St. Vincent

It's SXSW time here in Austin. I didn't even think about trying to get a badge, even though I probably could use my connections to get one if I was smarter about it. My friend Aaron spotted St. Vincent at his aunt's BBQ spot (Iron Works in Austin) at the line for the restroom. Neither of us had heard her music but we both thought she was cute. Since I live in Austin, am not really in the music business (despite the fact that I DJ) and have been going to SXSWs for god knows how many years, 10?... I decided to stay in tonight b/c the sun, the bike, the booze and other things during the day wiped me out. Again, I've been to plenty of these SXSW and without a badge or connections, it just isn't as cool, so I stayed in, chillaxed and decided looked her up, not really knowing what to expect.

Wow, all I have to say is that I am extremely impressed by her talent, a very genuine talent it is. Can't wait to see her live!

No comments:

Post a Comment